November 20, 2006

bands you should know about #5

I have decided that I am going to call my little column "Bands you should know about" instead of "MySpace Band of the Day." I think it makes more sense to do it that way. Keep in mind though that most bands will be from MySpace, I'm just changing the name.

Okay!

Since Monday is the most hated day of the week, I thought I would brighten it up and give you, the readers, two bands to go and check out. First stop: Athletic Automaton!




Says here that they were not good enough for some dodge ball team that they tried out for. But in reality it's just members of Arab on Radar dressing all silly-like and slaying your brain with slide guitar assault. As their website describes them,
"thunderously incessant rhythm and a swarm of Angry African Killer Bees."

I saw these guys once and they blew the power out not once, but thrice!

ATHLETIC AUTOMATON

The second band I have to offer is a lovely dish called Eat More Things! based out of Vancouver. Not too much information on these mysterious guys, but judging from their nice little profile they really dig hamburgers and clams. Any band that tells you to eat more things is a band worthy of being mentioned on shzine.com. Now if they only played a few shows.....

EAT MORE THINGS

No comments: